First off I want to thank Burson Audio for being so patient with me as I finish up my Jr. semester in EE. I am really excited about the next two or three reviews that have all been confirmed! I have already been testing Burson Audio’s hardware, but I haven’t been able to write anything due to time constraints.
Educational deal at MCM electronics on a Tenma 72-1020 True RMS benchtop multimeter!
- AC or battery operation
- 40,000 count, 4-1/2 digit primary display
- Dual 4,000 count, 3-1/2 digit sub displays
- 40 segment analog bar graph
- USB and RS-232 serial interfaces
- Data logging of 9,999 readings
- USB and RS-232 serial interfaces
- Fused current measurement to 10A
- AC or AC+DC TRMS measurement
- Backlit display
- 10Mohm input impedance
- Ultra sensitive 4,000Mohm input impedance on 400mV range
- Switchable auto/manual range
- Detailed 70 page instruction manual
- Test leads
- Alligator clip adapters
- Temperature probe
- AC Power Cable
- RS-232 and USB interface cables
Device software can also be downloaded here: 72-1020 Software (.zip, 2Mb)
Specifications Range Accuracy DC Voltage 400mV, 4V, 40V, 400V, 1000 ±(0.025%+5) AC Voltage 4V, 40V, 400V, 1000V ±(0.4% +30) AC Bandwidth 100KHz DC Current 40µA, 4000µA, 40mA, 400mA, 10A ±(0.1%+15) AC Current 40µA, 4000µA, 40mA, 400mA, 10A ±(0.7%+15) Resistance 400Ω, 4KΩ, 40KΩ, 400KΩ, 4MΩ, 40MΩ ±(0.3%+40) Capacitance 40nF, 400nF, 4µF, 40µF, 400µF, 4mF, 40mF ±(1%+20) Temperature -40ºC~1000ºC ±(1%+30) -40ºF~1832ºF ±(1.5%+50) Frequency 40Hz, 400Hz, 4KHz, 40KHz, 400KHz, 4MHz, 40MHz, 400MHz ±(0.01%+8) Input Impedance 10MΩ (4GΩ on 400mV range) Dimensions 4″ (H) x 9 5/8″ x 11 3/4″ (D)
Part Numbers MCM Part #: 72-1020 Tenma Part #: 72-1020
So I have an interesting addition to the stable of hardware, I have a 2nd Creative ZXr sound card on the way! This is going to allow me to do some pretty cool things, such as running a true A/B comparison setup. Or running all Burson OPA in one card and all V5i or Orange Amplification’s op-amps in the other ZXr. It should be really interesting come mid May!
- My FiiO E12 DIY ed. is still currently not working and it sounds like the problem is a broken reset switch that must be constantly engaged right now or in an intermediate state. Working with FiiO to get a replacement reset switch sent to me.
- In preparation for the upcoming reviews I also snagged a Hantek CC-65 oscilloscope current clamp to allow for easy current waveform capture. This is actually a really slick piece of equipment that converts current to voltage for the oscilloscope to show the current waveform, more on that below.
AC/DC Current Clamp, 20kHz Bandwidth, 1mV/10mA, 65A; It is a transducer which allows your multimeter to measure current data and enable your oscilloscope to measure the current waveforms. Supplied with coil cable with straight banana plug or BNC plug.
AC/DC Current Clamp, 20kHz Bandwidth, 1mV/10mA, 65A
AC/DC frequency range: Up to 20 kHz
Effective Measurement Range: 20mA to 65A DC
It is a transducer which allows your multimeter to measure current data and enable your oscilloscope to measure the current waveforms.
Its current transducer is composed by permalloy and hall element, which linearly transform the AC or DC current to AC or DC current voltage. And if connect to an oscilloscope by BNC type connector, you’re able to observe the current waveforms; If connect to a multimeter by banana type connector, you can obtain the current data.
Electrical Engineering student (Jr year) with a background in IT. Such as dealing with large scale network infrastructure upgrades at Lowe's HQ and former lead hardware tech for the NC Government.